Health & Wellbeing - Overview
Since the inception of the Board in 1926, the health and wellbeing of our population has been focal point of the Boards work. From securing a doctor and a nurse to work in the rohe over 80 years ago for our people, to the establishment of the Tūwharetoa Health Charitable Trust, the Board has worked actively to promote health and wellbeing.
At present we support a number of programmes in an effort to continue this work. They include:
- Offering Kaumātua medical grants
- Supporting housing insulation in conjunction with Tūwharetoa Settlement Trust and Lake Taupō Charitable Trust
- Supporting Whānau Ora initiatives across our rohe
- Support of hapū initiated wellbeing initiatives
- Supporting the establishment of Tūwharetoa Health Charitable Trust