Kaumātua Medical Grants
At present the Board provide Kaumātua grants for medical, dental and glasses. You can apply for one by clicking on the link below, or going to the ‘downloads’ section. Currently the grants are made available to Kaumātua aged 60 years or older, who are currently registered with us. Kaumātua have the opportunity to apply for up to:
- $200 per year for eye treatment (or glasses)
- $200 per year for dental treatment (or false teeth)
- $200 per year for hearing treatment (hearing aids)
- $800 per year for specialist treatment
- $50 per year for travel assistance for medical treatment
We also make annual grants and donations to a number of charitable organisations which have shown to assist our people. An annual amount is also paid to support Ngā Rēhia o Tūwharetoa and their work to support whanaungatanga, health and fitness amongst our hapū.