We provide marae support by providing $300,000 of funding annually to marae for capital works. Marae can apply at any time throughout the year. Three grants of $50,000 are given each year to applicant marae who meet the funding criteria. Marae are able to apply for the grant once every five years.
Since the programme commenced in 2009, 10 grants have been made to the following marae:
- Korohe Marae – Rereao wharetūpuna renovation
- Tokorangi Marae – waste water reticulation and wharekai refurbishment
- Kākāhi Marae – renovation works
- Kauriki Marae – wharepaku building project
- Whanganui Bay – wharetūpuna building project
- Waihī Marae – re roofing project
- Tokaanu Marae – renovation and wharepaku building project
- Waitetoko Marae – refurbishment project
- Pāpākai Marae – wharekai building project
- Otūkou Marae – moemanga building project
The Board also pays half of all Marae Insurance policies per annum. Information on the grants and insurance programme can be found by downloading the following forms.